NEW DELHI: Star shuttler HS Prannoy will miss at least two tournaments on the circuit after being diagnosed with dengue.
Prannoy took to Twitter to inform his fans about his health condition.
“Quick update- Would be out of action for unpredictable days after being diagnosed with dengue. Will not be a part of Indian team for China and Korea open next week. Hopefully can get back to good health ASAP,”Prannoy tweeted.
Quick update- Would be out of action for unpredictable days after being diagnosed with dengue. Will not be a part o… https://t.co/4KkBDWV855
— PRANNOY HS (@PRANNOYHSPRI) 1568026373000
Prannoy recently beat Lin Dan at the World Championship in Basel before losing to Kento Momota.
He was also in the news for criticising the jury after being overlooked for the prestigious Arjuna award.
His compatriot B Sai Praneeth got the award and followed it up with a bronze medal at the World Championships.
more from times of india Sports
- Nadal, Bianca become king and queen of US Open 20199 Sep, 2019, 1511 hrs IST01:19
- Australia retain Ashes after winning Manchester Test9 Sep, 2019, 1435 hrs IST01:08
- Malinga becomes first T20I bowler to claim 100 wickets7 Sep, 2019, 1553 hrs IST01:14
- Warne ranks Smith best in Tests, Kohli on top across formats6 Sep, 2019, 1333 hrs IST02:09
- Laxman expects more good things from Vihari5 Sep, 2019, 1538 hrs IST01:30
- Roger Federer crashes out of US Open4 Sep, 2019, 1545 hrs IST01:03
- Kohli becomes India’s most successful Test captain3 Sep, 2019, 1538 hrs IST00:56
- Gagan Narang’s shooting career comes full circle2 Sep, 2019, 1609 hrs IST06:05
- Harbhajan, Irfan welcome Bumrah to Test hat-trick club2 Sep, 2019, 1358 hrs IST01:03
- ISSF World Cup: Abhishek Verma wins 10m air pistol gold30 Aug, 2019, 1416 hrs IST00:49