Kangana Ranaut is definitely one of the most talked-about actress in Bollywood. Like her or disagree with her, you can certainly not ignore her. She has been in controversies galore but she is also a newsmaker and courts headlines like none other. On the work front, she has established herself as one of the best actresses we have today and each of her films is eagerly awaited. But there are some facts about Kangana you probably didn’t know!
1. Kangana was not meant to make her debut in Gangster. It happened by fluke. She was actually to be launched by producer Pahlaj Nihalani in a film titled I Love You Boss. But when Anurag Basu saw her at the Marriott hotel, her plans changed. Thankfully!! Gangster gave her a spectacular launch and also gave her two mentors, producer Mahesh Bhatt and director Anurag Basu. She had a fallout with both.
2. Anurag Basu, Kangana could never forgive for concentrating on Barbara Mori during the shooting of Kites, allegedly because leading man Hrithik Roshan was super-chummy with Ms Mori. Fuming, Kangana allegedly asked, ‘Mori toh theek hai lekin mera kya hoga?’ Anurag helplessly shrugged since the Roshans were flying Kites. Later Kangana herself became super-chummy with Hrithik. But that’s another story…or is it?
3. Mahesh Bhatt allegedly threw a chappal at Kangana after she rejected his film Dhokha about a suicide bomber. Mahesh felt she was being ungrateful. But Kangana has always been fearless in turning down roles—Sultan with Salman, Saand Ki Aankh, to name just two. She has also altercated with many if not most, of her major directors like Vishal Bhardwaj, Hansal Mehta and Krish Jagarlamudi (to name just three) on ideological grounds. What makes Kangana unique in this industry of aggravated sycophancy is her refusal to suck up to any director or actor. She warred with Shiney Ahuja, Emran Hashmi, Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan,Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgan and many other leading actors, without fear of the outcome.
4. Kangana is extremely religious. She is known to observe a fast on all the major days in the Hindu calendar and has a special puja room in her house where she spends as much time as possible. When her dream house was being constructed, Kangana had told me about the Puja room being most important to her scheme of things.
5. Kangana’s favourite Ranaut is no longer her sister Rangoli but Rangoli’s son Prithvi. The little Ranaut is the only man who has Kangana dancing around his little finger. As for a boyfriend, Kangana is single. Men en masse find her too intimidating.
For all the latest entertainment news, follow us on Twitter & Instagram, like us on Facebook and subscribe to our channel on YouTube.